This entire site was envisioned, designed, built, and encoded by David Rudmin
, who has been its only employee.
- High School:
- 5 years of Public School Latin.
- College: See transcripts
- Summa cum laude: GPA 3.96
- Double major:
- Classics: Numerous Ancient Greek & Latin courses, with a particularly Christian & Biblical focus.
- Theology: Numerous Latin readings in Thomas Aquinas' Summa Theologia
- Philosophy minor: Ditto.
- College Choir:
- Gregorian Chant: Included a course with a chant practicum.
- Renaissance Polyphony: Numerous Latin motets & masses
- Daily Mass: In Latin, 3 days a week.
- Semester in Rome: Also Florence, Assisi, & Ravenna.
- Teaching Career:
- Teacher prep:
- JMU School of Education: 7 teaching courses - GPA 3.86 - See transcripts, page 4.
- UGA online courses: 2 Latin courses - GPA 4.00 - See transcripts, page 5.
- 1⅓ years as a traveling Latin teacher, between 2 high schools around Martinsburg, WVa.
- Result: Fired, for mismanagement of a Mythology class:
- 1st year teacher
- Travelling teacher - having to maintain 2 separate classrooms, in 2 separate schools, and travel between them, every single day.
- No training - I had never studied Mythology, but was expected to teach it.
- Only 2 weeks' warning that I would have to teach Mythology.
- Unruly students - Since the class was consider a 'fun' elective, with which to entertain disillusioned students.
- Unsupportive principal who didn't want to be bothered with assisting with student discipline.
- 6-prep-workload, resulting in lack of sleep.
- K12 Latin Certification application denied by the VA DOE, which is typical after a firing.
- WriteLatin.org career:
- 8 years building the website.
- 77 YouTube uploads: